Thursday, May 27, 2010

The First to Graduate


Today, I got to see my oldest niece graduate from high school. She was my parent's first grandchild and so this is why the post is titled the way it is. I am very proud of her. She got a full ride scholarship to ASU and will start in the fall. In the graduation, the principal said that Sunnyslope's Seniors this year set a school record for the amount of money earned in scholarships at over 8 million dollars!


Here she is! Getting ready to head in to get in line. She looks so excited!




This is her boyfriend Zachary.




And here he is again. He really doesn't smile much but he's a nice kid.




Half of the green and white caps after they filed in.




So, funny story about this picture. I was sitting on the opposite side from Heidi and so when her group of graduates stood up, I raced over to the other side and sat on my knees in the aisle and waited for her to get up to receive her diploma. Well as they called her name, the next line of graduates got up and were walking across the aisle...Punks! So all I got were some blurry, senior-ridden pictures of her getting her diploma...Oh well!




And this is her, going back to her seat...my flash was off! GRRRR!!!




Then they all went outside to get their actual diploma and wait for their families to meet up with them. Here she is waiting for us to find her.




Family picture time! Heidi with Tallynna and Brianna.




Heidi and Zachary




HUGS!!!




Heidi and Grandma and Grandpa




Alicia, Heidi, Charlie, Lauri, and Adam is in the front.




Sisters being silly!




I made her put her diploma into the cover they gave her...




...And then hold it up





No comments: