Saturday, May 22, 2010

Strugglin

5 months ago today, my mother in law died. For me, it has been tough to deal with but not so much because of my connection with her but because of the connection between her and my husband. Around him, I have been walking on eggshells for at least the last month or so making sure I don't upset him but was unsuccessful at that the other night when I didn't answer my phone when he called. My ringer was still off from work. I didn't do it on purpose. I said I was sorry. Not good enough. So long story short, I have been very worried about him and it sucks. Some things that have been going through my head are:

  • How do I help him when I don't really know what's wrong?
  • How can I make it easier?
  • How would I really handle it if he did something drastic to himself or me or our kids?
  • How come I don't have more sympathy to it rather than just wanting to help him get through it?
  • I miss my husband and want him to come back.

I will just hang in there cause I don't really know what is going on and I can't be making decisions when I don't have all the details. I just have to be strong and take care of our kids and be patient.

1 comment:

Jose said...

All I know is he is lucky to have you. I love you Jen! Give him time, he'll come around.