Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bath Time





My son is the funniest when he is taking a bath so I thought I would share. When I start the water filling in the tub and as soon as he hears the water, he runs into the bathroom and says, "Mama, ba?" He waits and waits until it's filled up all the while putting his hands in and realizing that he's really gonna take a bath. He gets more and more excited as the tub fills. Then we take off his clothes and diaper and he climbs in. He used to have me pick him up and put him in the tub but now he just holds my hand and climbs in on his own. He is growing up so fast!


While I am getting his hair wet with a cup, he holds his head forward like he won't get his face wet if he does. Then I wash his hair. He stands up so I can wash the rest of him and he waits patiently while I do that but I can just see the anticipation in his face that he's gonna get to play some more. Then I rinse him off and unplug the drain. He has all the time it takes for the tub to empty to play. He gets the cup and fills it up with water and then throws his Grover toy into the water and cracks up laughing. Strange kid. Then he will cram his hand into the cup because the water will splash out of the cup and he cracks up again. He does this over and over until there is no more water to put in the bathtub. Then he looks at me and says, "Oh NO!" Then he gets out and gets wrapped in a towel. He HAS to be able to turn the light off in the bathroom and he even says, "Off" as he is turning it off. Then I go in my room with him and we sit on the floor. He gets as close to me as possible and curls up under the towel while I am holding him and he closes his eyes. He sits there like that as long as he wants to. Sometimes that's 2 minutes, sometimes it's 10 minutes. When he's done cuddling with me, he pushes his arms out and lays down on the floor. I get his diaper on him and start with the lotion. I put the lotion on his tummy and he gets some and tastes it. While he has his hand in his mouth, he says, "Lotion?" And he keeps this up until I am done with the lotion. I get him dressed and then he takes off into the living room to say good night to his daddy. He gets me his cup and I fill it with milk and he goes to lay down. I have to fix his pillow, give him a kiss or 3, put his blanket on him, then put his elephant in his arm for him. Then he makes this adorable little sigh and he says, "Nigh, nigh mama." He's adorable and I love our little bath/bed time ritual. I love him so much and am so grateful for my children.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've witnessed this many times and it's adorable! I like when he eats the lotion! Yuck! LOL