Sunday, August 23, 2009

Juanito's 2nd Birthday Party



My little monkey turned 2 today! Here is a recap of the day before the party and the day of the party.

Michelle and I were gluing the party hats together and the glue clogged up in the tip. Michelle messed with the bottle for quite some time and then I told her to give it to me. She did and so I squeezed it harder than she was not knowing that the top would come off and plop onto the folder I had there. Michelle, Junior and I busted up laughing! So, what did we do with the glue? Instead of being adults and trying to get it back into the bottle or using it off the folder, I took some and covered my hands in it and let it dry so I could "tear off my skin" like I used to do in grade school. Junior did the same on the folder. It was fun!


It happened to be my daughter's birthday the day before and our tradition is to take the birthday person out to the dinner they want. Brianna chose Chuck E. Cheese. So, I put Juanito down for the night and took my niece and nephew and my girls to Chuck E. Cheese. I couldn't resist buying these cups with the CEC mouth on them. They looked hilarious with them on. This is Alayna with hers.


Here is Tallynna with hers. I think it fits her chunky face.


This is Brianna and Diego with theirs. They had a blast with them.


So, back home now and I decided to take some pictures of the "Monkey Chow" baggies I made for the goodie bags.


These are the finished goodie bags which I apparently forgot to load up completely...


Party Hats!


My silly sister-in-law. I love her.

My son decided to be a little boy and play in the dirt while he was waiting for his party to start. This one is him saying, "Cheeeeeeeeezzzzeee!!"


I'm surprised he wasn't eating the dirt. Sometimes you gotta let them play and get dirty, ya know?


Now, the party has started. This is the t-shirt I made for him. Next time, I will buy a more expensive iron on package. This one transferred in a plastic material and just didn't work with a "wife beater."


It was time to open his gifts. The first gift he opened, everyone screamed, "YAAAAY!" He ate that up. So every time he opened something, he held it up so that everyone could yell YAY! He just loved seeing everyone's reaction. His nina kept the momentum going when it started to die down.


One more picture of his many times of holding his gifts up in the air. I have this in a 10 second video and will post that as soon as I get it loaded onto my computer.


Then it was cake time. My mom makes the greatest tasting and cutest cakes EVER!! She always has. So she made a cake and flavored it banana, which was a hit with the kids. My dad crafted up this cool cupcake stand out of PVC pipe and cardboard. It was awesome!


This was the birthday boy's cake. He didn't actually eat it but mom would not make a birthday cake unless she can write "Happy Birthday" on it.


Tio Junior set him all up with his party hat, banana wrapped in his arm, and candles lit. We were singing "Happy Birthday" and he wanted to blow out the candles already. Junior had to cover his mouth so that he didn't blow them out early.


He made his wish!!


Here he is, enjoying his cupcake!


After presents, cake, and a few chips, this is where he settled. On the couch with his new toy. He LOVES this thing and he plays with it all the time!


Thank you to all who came out and swam and ate! Without you all, my little monkey wouldn't have had such a fun day!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes! Party was a success! I never got a picture of the dang monkey show! I am so mad about it.

On to the next party!

nina said...

I can't believe he's two already! Nina is bad with remembering exact bdays but my god children are always in my thoughts and prayers