Saturday, August 15, 2009

Be At Peace

I don't know really why I thought of this poem and decided to post it other than it just came to mind and some people may need to see it at this moment. There is actually a very personal story on how I came across this poem a long time ago that I may share some day. I have this posted at my desk. Enjoy!


Be At Peace

Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life;

Rather look to them with full hope that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely
through all things;

And when you cannot stand it, God will carry you
in His arms.

Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;

The same everlasting Father who cares for you today
will take care of you today and every day.

He will either shield you from suffering or will give you
unfailing strength to bear it.

Be at peace and put aside all anxious thoughts and
imaginations.

~St. Francis of Sales

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great Poem!

Oh and I live your little pregnancy timeline up there... it's the one I used to have too. LOL! I love it cuz it says funny facts.

Marya said...

Thanks Jen! It is a nice poem. Sometime we need to be reminded we are not alone. :)