Sunday, August 23, 2009

He's 2 today!!





Who woulda thunk it?!

Juanito is already 2! It seems like yesterday that I was bringing home my little yellow baby. (He had Jaundice) Here's his story:
He was due September 10, 2007. We were down to our last few appointments when the doctor said that I was slightly pre-ecclamptic (high blood pressure) and that we needed to schedule me to be induced. He was going to schedule me to have a bed at St. Joseph's Hospital on August 22nd. This is my daughter's birthday. He said that the hospital would call me in the early early morning to let me know they had a bed for me. So we left the office and awaited the call. It was August 22nd and no call. Around noon, still no call. So I called the hospital and they said I was 6th on the list and they have had no open beds all day so I would have to continue to wait. So around 5pm, I called them again and they said they still have me as #6. So I gave up for that day and decided that I would call my doctor in the morning if he didn't call me first. The next morning, my doctor called me and asked if I would mind going to Paradise Valley hospital. I needed to be induced and they had a bed so off we went. We left the house around 10am and headed down Bell Rd. At Paradise Valley Mall, there is an In N Out and Juan looks at me and says, "You mind if we stop?" I said it was fine. So we went through the drive through and they were closed but for some reason, they opened the window and let him order...we sat in the car again and ate. Well, he ate, I didn't.
We got to the hospital around 11am and Stacey went to pick up my mom and they actually beat us there. We got me all ready to go, IV, labor inducing drug, etc. And we waited...and waited...and waited. The rest of the family came and around 11:30pm, I was ready to push. Everyone was tired including me. But the doctor came in and went over all the tasks with the helpers and we started to work on getting the monkey out. I pushed for 20 minutes! I told Juan that I couldn't do it. He was reassuring and said I could. I cried cause it hurt. He was a lot bigger than Brianna. Then the last push and there he was! The doctor said, "It's a boy!" I thought Sylvia and Juan were gonna trip over each other getting out the door to tell the rest of the family. He was 8lbs 9ozs.
Now, he's about 35 lbs and at every doctor's appointment, he has measured in the 95-100th percentile. He's a BIG boy but he's my little man.
He's a momma's boy, loves the camera, loves his sisters and daddy. He's a brat too. He's adorable and beautiful hair. He loves to watch Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubbzy. When I walk in the door, he screams, "mom mom!!" He is the cutest thing and I love him to death!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Mom Mom! He's so cute! I love him too. Is it weird that I remember Brianna's birth more vividly than Juanito's? I do remember however being in the waiting room with Oscar and Jr and my Mom and we ate like Jack in the Box or something. Mmm... food.

Happy Birthday Monkey Boy!

Jenny from the Blog said...

I remember Brianna's more vividly than his too...Oh well, I guess it's more memorable the first time, then after that, you're a pro!

kika said...

haha! cute!