Thursday, April 22, 2010

My 25

I wasn't tagged in the Facebook 25 Random things, but since I read my sister-in-law's 25 things, she said I had to do it too...Here it goes:


1. I want a god child or some god children.






2. My oldest child is actually my brother's daughter that we adopted.





3. I am in love with my feet. I think they are cute. I will spend my last 50 bucks on a pedicure! And I get more upset if I chip or break a toenail than if I break a fingernail.




4. I am a daddy's girl. Not your stereotypical daddy's girl but I know how to be my daddy's girl.




5. I carry a camera with me at all times. I'm not talking about my camera on my phone either. But that will work if that's what I can get to quicker...


6. I trust people too easily.




7. I buy my kids too much stuff.




8. I vowed to myself when I was little that I would work at Checker Auto Parts just because my shoes squeaked on the tile when I walked in there. I used to go there with my dad when we worked on the car together. I ended up working there for 4 and a half years and met my husband there.




9. I love James Patterson books. I have about 30 of his books and haven't even read them all...





10. I had a full ride scholarship to Stanford University that I didn't take.




11. I love to watch my husband play video games. My favorite is the God of War series.




12. I love to sing! The car is my venue of choice but I will sing in the house or bathroom if no one can hear me.




13. I wear my feelings on the outside.




14. The love of my life is also my best friend. We've had lots of issues over the last 11 years and have probably been judged by lots of people but...I don't give a f***! It makes us who we are as a couple and a family. Not perfect, perfect together!




15. All of my pets have been named from the show "The Dukes of Hazzard." Right now our cat is Luke, dogs are Roscoe and LuLu, and turtles are Enis and Flash.





16. I was offered a job with the City of Phoenix Police as a Crime Scene Tech years ago but passed it up to stay at Cox. I love my company!!




17. I like all kinds of music...Big Band, oldies, rap, rock, hard rock, R&B, Country (my favorite), Doo Wop...my girls think it's funny that I can turn on the radio to any channel and sing the song that comes on.




18. I decided when I was about 14 that I didn't want any children. Now I have 4. Don't know what I would do without them. (Well, maybe I would sleep a little more...it's overrated anyway!)







19. My first job was at Baskin Robbins where my ice cream scooping helped me out with my throwing arm for softball.





20. I was a gymnast when I was young and if my parents could have afforded the training, I could have gone to the Olympics.




21. I don't like that my son's name is Juan.




22. My dream car is a 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS. Yellow.




23. I love the channel Investigation Discovery so much that most of it's programs are re-runs to me.





24. I hate when people leave the toilet lid open!




25. I like to give people advice and I do it in a "storyteller" manner. I use my own life experiences to help other people. It's amazing to know how many people go through the same stuff...


So, now that you have read mine, I will assign the same to you. Have fun!!


5 comments:

Becca said...

well i learned a lil bit more about you by reading this.wow. well i am glad i like you lol.

why dont you like the name juan?

I love James Patterson too! lol i made sure to put that in my 25.

Michelle said...

1. Should I have more children?
2. I love that picture of Tallynna.
7. I buy my kids way too much stuff too... especially the girls. I swear they make me broke. And I want everything for them... I think that's the main problem.
12. I love to sing too... I wish I had a good voice though.
21. You don't like his name being Juan? Well I wouldn't either only because I don't like Jr's. But Diego is a good name.


This was fun no?

Jenny from the Blog said...

Becca-James Patterson is my absolute favorite!! And I don't like the name Juan just because I don't really care for it. But Juan was in charge of naming the boys or I would have girls named Cara and Marsha. LOL!! And I'm glad you like me too! HAHA!

Michelle- You don't need to have more children but if you do...I think I have a pretty good voice but am too embarrassed to sing in front of people.

I had a blast!!

Marya said...

Wow Jen! This is great. I cant believe you had a full ride scholarship and you didnt take it. What happened? Then the job of a crime scene tech. How cool.I agree. You do have cute feet. Love your pedicure. :) Now that we know you dont care for the name Juan what would you have named him if you would have picked Juanitos name?

-Marya

Jenny from the Blog said...

Marya - I decided to stay here with my boyfriend at the time who ended up breaking up with me a few months after high school, just outside of the deadline for me to go. The CSI thing was because I didn't have a degree yet so I was gonna be offered WAY less than others were making. And Juanito's name would have been Branden but Juan says it's too white. I agree now and like the name Javier...