Sunday, April 18, 2010

Party, party, party!

On April 16th, my nephew turned 12 years old. This is my nephew that I haven't seen in about 3 years or so due to my sister and I having a HUGE falling out. When my mom and dad told me that they were planning to have a birthday party for him and asked me if I would go, I was a little hesitant. I mean, I haven't talked to my sister in a LONG time and we don't have the greatest relationship right now. But, I had to think of the kids. They need their family and if it's one thing I have learned since becoming a Melo years ago, it's just that. So, I agreed to go and told my mom I would help her out with it.

It turned out to be a surprise party for him. My sister told him she was gonna take him to the movies for his birthday when she got out of work and my dad would pick them up. Well, when he picked them up, he told Adam he was hungry and that they should stop for pizza. We had already gotten there by then and he had some friends there and his cousins he hasn't seen in a very long time. He was excited!


Grandma made his cake and cupcakes. She did a great job on this one! (He loves Pokemon.)


I don't believe she used a template to draw Pikachu's face. AMAZING!!


The kids took off to play games with the tokens Grandpa got for them!


Juanito LOVES basketball and he went straight for this one. He was standing on the opening where the balls come out.


A little later, I found him inside the machine right next to the hoop!


Guess standing on the opening wasn't close enough! Cheese!


Just like old times...Brianna found her favorite perch...my niece Heidi.


After we all ate pizza and played video games, it was time for cake and gifts.


Adam was taking a picture of his cake.


Blowing out his candles...


He liked this one!


He thought he got pretzels but inside was a boat load of Pokemon stuff!


Grandma & Grandpa's gift was especially hard to open...


Still working on it!


Got it! YAY! A backpack! He was excited about this one too!!


Here are all the kids that were there! (Top left to right: Alicia, Brianna, Heidi, Zachary. Bottom left to right: Tallynna, Juanito, Adam, Jillian, Chris, and I forgot his name)


Then Adam turned in his tickets and got some cool stuff like 85 little ninja guys and these vampire teeth!

It was a great party!

I was even able to talk to my sister a little bit. I miss having her around but also just cannot get over some of the things that happened between us. I have forgiven but forgiveness isn't for her, but for me which is why I was able to be there and see them all. The girls couldn't have been happier to see her and their cousins and for that, I am glad we went.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow your neices aren't little anymore! And Adam looks so different! Glad you were able to go and have fun though.

Jose said...

Hopefully there was some sort of satisfaction seeing your relatives. Even if just for the kids.