Sunday, April 4, 2010

I saw God today (part 4)

Firsts

Easter...The Resurrection of Jesus Christ...not about any bunny or eggs or candy at all. I thought that since today is Easter I would write about some "firsts" that occurred today. Not sure why or how I connected the two but...

Today was Ramon's first Easter. He was dressed in his little outfit my brother bought for him before he was born. I have a picture of it but I want to show it to my brother before I post it anywhere else. He looked adorable but he got warm really quick in it so we stripped him down to the onesie. He was quite content with that.

Today Ramon also had his first "real" bath. He is 2 weeks and 2 days old and he lost his belly button end a few days ago. He was supposed to have his bath yesterday but I have been having trouble with my plumbing so I didn't want to do it with my sink all full so it waited til today.

We went to the park where my comadre arrived at 7am for a 2pm get together. Would you believe she got there that early just for us to have a place to barbeque?! We were having a great time and then all of a sudden I felt dizzy. I looked over at my dad and held onto the ramada post. I thought I was really dizzy and this is what the doctor was talking about with my blood pressure! I wiggled my chair to see if maybe the legs were bent funny and they weren't. Then everyone else started to say, "Do you feel that?" It seemed like the ground was just swaying back and forth! Nichole called her cousin in California to ask if they just had an earthquake and she said they did. We all jumped on Facebook with our phones...damn technology! So today was my first earthquake experience.

I have been celebrating Easter with both sides of my family for YEARS! It's nice to have in-laws that get along with my family and to know that my family likes spending time with my in-laws. My mother-in-law passed away 3 and a half months ago and this was our first Easter without her. We did survive Christmas though; that was SO much worse but it was still so fresh then and hadn't sunk in for most of us. We missed her but we know she was there too!

Tonight, Juanito went to bed for the first time without his elephant. He has had this blue elephant since he was a day old, he's 2 and a half now. He has never slept one night without it. It was in his bassinet when he was a little baby and as he grew, he kept it close to him. Well, tonight I couldn't find it and he didn't ask for it so I laid him down, put his blanket on him, kissed him, hugged him and walked out. Of course, I made sure to find it in case he asked for it. He did but it was an hour later. Notice I said he went to bed without it, not to sleep...

I didn't go to church today. This was the first time I have missed Easter Mass since I was baptized. I woke up with Ramon this morning at 7:30 and fed him...for 2 hours! He was just eating a little bit at a time so it took him SO LONG to eat. I could have gotten up and gotten ready while Juan took care of the peanut but I just didn't feel like getting up. In fact, I stayed in my bed until 11am watching my recordings of 90210. Choices, life is about the choices we make.

One more first. I typed this blog with one hand because I was feeding Ramon at the same time! Never typed a blog with one hand before.

HAPPY EASTER!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love 90210 too! Tyler thinks I'm lame!