Friday, April 9, 2010

I saw God today (part 5)

Atalie Belle Duckworth
4.8.2010 at 5:11PM
6 pounds 10 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long

I got a text message at 7 something yesterday morning that my sister-in-law was in labor. I started to text them to ask what was going on. I got updated regularly. She didn't have a room at that time and her contractions were pretty far apart so I wasn't in a huge hurry to get to the hospital...yet. I made sure to keep in touch with my brother in law for the day because I promised my sister in law that I would be there for her whether she wanted me in the room when Atalie was born or just at the hospital. Turns out I was allowed to be in the room when she graced us with her presence.

I got a text from Junior that Michelle's contractions were about 5 minutes apart. So I said to myself, "I gotta get over there!" It was about 11am or so. I called my babysitter to see if she could watch the boys for me and for the first time EVER, she couldn't watch them. Her husband was sick and with a new baby, she was considerate to tell me that. So, I called my parents to see if they could help me out. My dad said he could bring my mom over to watch the boys and be here for the girls to get home from school. PERFECT!! They got to my house around 1 or so and I took off.

I am a music person and when I got in the car, the first song I heard was "I'm already there" by Lonestar. Michelle had written a blog a few days earlier that had to do with this song. I thought it was appropriate and even made a tear come to my eyes. The very next song was "Unstoppable" by Rascal Flatts. This song talks about how love conquers all and helps you get past whatever things come your way. The last song that came on that I really paid attention to was "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood. This was has it's own special meaning with us as a family and I will leave that one at that. Youtube them if you wanna listen to them. I knew at that point that I would be able to make it to see my niece born or at least be there for Michelle.

I sent Junior a text to tell him I was on my way and asked if he needed anything. I stopped for a Monster for Junior and Tiffany and a Cherry Sprite for me from Sonic and I got there. We just hung out from there on. I didn't get a lot of pictures on my camera because I was taking more with Michelle's camera so she could have the memories...

Junior was rubbing Michelle's stomach when she was having contractions.



Here she is! Her first time meeting her mommy! Junior was taking a picture with my phone and I was taking a picture of that.


On the scale...



If you look close at her legs...she has loads of hair!



Here she is at home, a few days old, all cleaned up and hanging out with her favorite tias! (Yes Nichole, that's plural cause I was there too! LOL!)


So, there it is. One more down and 2 more to go. I have 2 more nieces due in the next 2 months. Hopefully, my sister in law in Phoenix will allow me to be there for her daughter's arrival...

I felt very honored to be able to be there for Atalie's entrance and happy that we have a great close family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know ur always welcome to gang bang on the west coast and stay g-d up from the feet up. peace out a-town.