Sunday, March 28, 2010

I saw God today (part 3)

This is our fig tree. It was at our house when we bought it. Every winter, it sheds its huge leaves and blankets the ground. Then every spring it fills out with those very large leaves and grows beautiful figs. I don't like to eat figs so my mom will usually come and get them or the occasional passer by will ask if they can pick them.

I remember hearing a reading in church and it referenced the fig tree. It said something to the effect of "pay attention to when the leaves bud because you know the fruit comes after that." It really had nothing to do with the fig tree itself but the idea to pay attention to the signs so that you may be ready for what's to come.

Anyway, I love my fig tree because it's a pretty tree. I took this picture about 2 weeks ago so the leaves are actually almost grown. I will take another picture of it when it's grown this year. It also looks really neat when it's bare.

1 comment:

Chely said...

I don't like to eat figs either.

We had a Fig Tree at our old house too, and I used to always remember that Reading when I'd see the leaves bud. It was always a great reminder to me of good things to come=)