Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sad but very cute!

I would like to share how I spent my night last night. There's a picture down below but don't look at it yet...(fat chance) Anywho, I picked the kids up from the babysitter at about 5:45pm. She told me that Brianna had left her sweater in her classroom so they took the journey to go get it from the classroom. So, Nan (the sitter), Brianna, Tallynna, and Juanito went inside the school and down the hall. Nan had Juanito's hand and like all little boys will do, he took off in some other direction than where he should have been. In an effort to catch him before he ran off, Brianna grabbed onto the hood of his jacket and pulled him backwards, causing him to fall back onto his arm.
Now, when I got to her house, he was asleep on his arm so I didn't think he could possibly be hurt. So, we went to Walmart where I noticed he wasn't grabbing for ANYTHING! He just left his arm down by his side. When I got home, I tried to get him to use it and......you guessed it, nothin'. When Juan came home, I told him what happened and we agreed that he needed to go to the hospital so off we went. (We is Juanito and I)


We got there around 7pm and through the crying because he HATES people in scrubs and stethoscopes and because he didn't have his elephant to sleep with, we finally made it back to the room at 11pm. The doctor came in....more crying.....and ordered X-rays. The hospital transport came in....more crying....and took us to the X-ray lab. It took 3 of us to hold him down to get the pictures. Doctor....crying....said there was a fracture just above his elbow and he would need a splint. Nurses (3 of them).....crying.....came in to put him in the splint....popsicle to stop him from crying.... It took 4 of us to get it on him and hold it so it would set. Doctor.....crying......said the splint looked good and that we could go. It's 1:45am.


So, 2 bags of goldfish crackers, 2 little thingys of chocolate milk, a hotwheels car, 2 Sesame street toys, and a popsicle later; not to mention the headache I had and that I hadn't eaten in 15 hours...This is what we have. He's as happy as can be chewing on his new hotwheels car.





3 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww my poor little nephew! I just barely heard about it when my Mom got home from work... how sad! He does look cute though! And what a funny story. So 2nd time... he's almost broken something. Aren't boys fun?! I woudn't know... my boy isn't average. But I should beware with Alayna.

Jose said...

Awwww! Look at my poor little hombre. I hope he is not in pain, give him a kiss from me.

Chely said...

Wow, that sounds like quite an adventure, poor Juanito and poor you:(

I remember a few times that I had to care for my sick babies on my own.

A particular time stands out when I took Thalia to urgent care in the middle of the night as she was vomiting non-stop. They didn’t really give her anything to alleviate her condition.

I dropped by the drug store for some Pedialite and as I stood in line with my little one
in my arms, a lady that was also waiting to pay felt pity for me. She noticed that Thalia looked pretty bad.

There I was In the middle of the night, all alone with my little girl. She asked me what was wrong and after I shared my ordeal, she recommended I give her syrup she purchased in Mexico. I was so desperate to make my daughter feel better that I actually went to this nice lady’s house and took the medicine home with me, free of charge. I gave it to Thalia in the name of God and her symptoms subsided.

I hope Juanito’s arm heals soon and that he’s not in pain.

Besitos,

Tia Chely