Monday, January 19, 2009

Eighty

No, this is not the year I was born or the number of people I talked to today.

It's number of pounds I want to lose. I started Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago and am already down 3 pounds. YAY!!

I decided to write about this tonight because I have discovered that if other people don't know, I won't have anyone to hold me accountable for it. I am going there with my best friend Stacey; she helps me and I help her.

I'm not doing this for anyone but myself. I decided that this year, I need to be a little selfish and take care of myself for a change. I would hate to have something happen to me and then my kids and husband would be left to take care of themselves. My kids love Peanut Butter & Jelly, hot dogs and cereal but I just can't have them eating that all the time!

I have been paying for a gym membership and not going and I started that again tonight. Even if I just go to walk on the treadmill, it's better than nothing and I can focus on just that while I am there.

Pray for me.

6 comments:

Chely said...

O.K. I'm watching! But more than watching I'll be interested to hear about your journey as you you through with it.

I'll be rooting for ya!

Besitos,

Tia Chely

Jose said...

OK so the doctor told mi chica to lose about 4 pounds, to stop smoking and to exercise and she will feel a lot better. I will be checking into a gym membership since I've been wanting to enroll, hopefully she'll give it a try.

Michelle said...

Can you give me some of your determination? I said the same thing January 1st and now... we're 20 days into the new year and NOTHING.

Jenny from the Blog said...

For Sylvia, Joe & Michelle - Since Sylvia works at Cox, she gets a discount for LA Fitness along with some other gyms. And the discount is for anyone that lives in the home with her. They have a daycare that you pay $5 per month per child and you can leave them for 2 hours at a time. How's that for determination?

Tia Chely - You can read about my journey here! Thanks for the positive thoughts.

Michelle said...

Really?! Hey I am running to her room to tell her to look into it for me right now!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! Congrats on those minus 3lbs! I will be praying for you. I know you can do it. :)