Friday, March 26, 2010

I saw God Today (part 1)

I have been getting lots of text messages from people asking me how I am doing and how baby Ramon and the family are doing. Most of the time I can type in the word "good" with no problem. Sometimes it comes out as "god" and I have to backspace and retype it.

This has happened to me for several years that I can remember. Typing on IM or in an email or wherever. I started to really pay attention to it when my grandpa passed away years ago. I was upset because I didn't have the relationship with him that I would have wanted. For whatever reason, I wasn't his favorite (not that he had one) and I don't have any pictures of him other than the ones I took from my cousin's facebook page. Juan and I weren't married at the time he passed away and we were actually split up...one time of many. He wasn't there for me. I was angry.

One day I was typing a note to Juan, that I never gave to him, and every time I tried to type the word "good" I would miss that second o. So I stopped and thought about it and wondered if that was a message coming to me that I needed to divert my anger to a more appropriate subject. Whether that was the case or not, it stuck with me.

There have been many other occasions where this one thing pops into my writing but this was the first time, that I can remember, that it happened. So think about it, every time you type the word "good" and it comes out as "god," what do you think it means?

5 comments:

Kami said...

I didn't know you had your baby! That's exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

kika said...

good=god
god=good

Chely said...

Awww Kika, GREAT answer!=)

Yes Jen, God throws us little hints like these every once in a while. We just have to open our heart so we can see it.

You know, the day the Homeless man cleaned my car, I had no money to give him. I don't mean, I had no moeny with me, I mean, I had no money. After he cleaned the note off my car, I asked God to please give him what he needed because I didn't have the means to provide it.

When I returned to pick-up Thalia from school after 9:00 p.m. passed by the same place where he had been standing and he was still there, but this time, he had a bag of Fast Food and was sitting down to eat. All I could do was smile and thank God for providing for him.

Anonymous said...

I would agree. God does leave little hints here and there and somtimes it is when we least expect it.

A couple of years back I went in for an ultra sound becuase I was 3 mos preg. When I got there I was very excited because I wanted to see the baby. I did see the baby but no heart beat. I was alone at the appt and was struck with confusion and hurt. I immedialty started calling, Brian, Summer, my mom, but no one was there to listen. I kept doing this and only felt alone. But then I knew I wasn't alone God was there and all I had to do was take it to him and I did he comforted me at my time of need.

Somtimes we forget that he is there. For me it is probably becuase I think I need a face to match the comfort, but that is not true. He is the only thing that will always be there for you in times of trouble.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
Grandpa loved all of his grandchildern and thought the world of them. I will get more pics to you.

Love you,

Autumn

Jenny from the Blog said...

Kami-I added you as a friend on Facebook so you can see more pictures if you like. I post there most often of little shots of my kids.

Chely-I used to feed a homeless couple every time I went to my parents house because I would always pass them. One day they weren't there and I asked some of the other folks that were there and they were able to get housing with a family member that found them...It was great news!

Autumn-I never knew you lost a baby. I wish I could have been there for you and that as cousins, we were closer. And I have no doubt that Papa loved all of us but I also wish I had a closer relationship with him too.