Saturday, January 30, 2010

For Kooper

Here is a post from the wife of a friend of mine. You see, they lost their little boy, Kooper Leland Perry, at 38 weeks in the pregnancy due to an umbilical cord accident. Totally unexpected. I am 32 weeks pregnant now and could not imagine having to deal with such pain and loss and then to also know that she had to give birth naturally to him and know that when it was all over, he would not be coming home with her. This just shows me that God has a plan for each and every one of us and that women are the strongest beings on earth! Kami and Ryan have endured much more than I would want anyone to go through but they remain strong! I look up to them for their strength.

Here is her post. Please go to the site and vote.

"The TV show The Doctors are letting you vote for a topic to be discussed on the show. Stillbirth is such a taboo topic. Doctors don't talk about it much, (I bet if you asked they would) but most pregnant women don't think to even ask because it seems like something that used to happen. It still happens. I think it would be a great topic to put out there in the public and help make more pregnant women aware of the possibilities. All you do is go to the websitehttp://www.thedoctorstv.com/produce/idea_comment/3963 , you do have to create an account to vote, but please do! I knew that stillbirth was fairly common 1/100 and have met many women who have experienced a loss like mine, but it is when you click on the site you can see comments below and almost everyone of them say that it happened to them and most of them as I did, had no clue that it was that common or that it could happen to them. I hope they pick that topic because I would love to see what information they might say about that topic."

Please spread the word so that more families don't have to endure this pain in the future.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Thanks so much for your kind words about us. It really means alot that you posted this on your blog. It brought tears to my eyes when I saw your blog post titled For Kooper.

Thanks for sharing with your friends!